Reagent-free clinical analysis and diagnostics: Laboratory medicine in a new light: Sidebar
- Acquire a set of 100–200 samples with known levels for the analyte(s) of interest.
- Use a partial least-squares algorithm to derive quantification algorithm(s) used to relate spectra to analyte level(s).
- Use quantitation algorithm(s) optimized for training samples to predict analyte level(s) for independent set of test samples.
- Compare predicted analyte level(s) to true values (acquired by standard analytical methods).
- Acquire a set of 100–200 samples with known disease states. The samples should include both diseased and control specimens.
- Use pattern identification software to discover an algorithm that optimally distinguishes disease from control spectra.
- Apply classification algorithm to predict diagnoses based upon an independent set of test samples.
- Compare predicted diagnoses to true diagnoses.
Copyright ©2003 IVD Technology