DiaSorin, the Italian clinical diagnostics company, and Trivitron Healthcare have signed a joint-development agreement
that gives DiaSorin entry to the growing Indian IVD market. The deal also creates a new company called DiaSorin Trivitron Healthcare Private Ltd. with headquarters in Chennai. DiaSorin holds 51% of the business and Trivitron the remaining 49%.
India trails only China in IVD sales growth, according to DiaSorin. The company estimates the Indian IVD market at €400 million ($492 million) with an annual growth rate of 15%. DiaSorin plans to focus initially on its immunoassays for Vitamin D deficiency and then extend its Indian business by introducing the Liaison XL, Murex, and molecular diagnostics systems.